The surgery has disabled access at the front of the premises and a lowered reception counter. Work has been undertaken include updating of patient toilets, highly visible signage and door locks.
Access to Patients Records/Details
Health care professionals must not pass on information about you without your written permission (except to other people involved in your treatment)
The surgery does receive requests from solicitors, for access to copies of the FULL medical records, in respect of various claims arising from accidents. In the event of a request being received, copies are NOT sent until we are in receipt of the signed consent of our patient.
You can apply to see your own medical records but you can also apply:
- On behalf of your child, with your child’s consent, if your doctor decides it is in the best interest of your child.
- On behalf of someone who is not capable of giving their permission, you would have to go through a court to be able to do this.
- To see the records of someone who has died if you are acting as their personal representative.
A charge is applicable for all of the above.
- Patient confidentiality to be respected at all times.
- All patients to be treated equally and with courtesy at all times, difficulties to be dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- Patients are to be encouraged to take advantage of the services provided and to recognise the pressures and demands made on the practice.
- Requests for repeat prescriptions are to be dealt with within 24 hours.
- To encourage all of our staff to make comments, suggestions and to partake in decision making within the practice.
- The practice will be open to suggestions from it’s patients on how to improve our services.
Suggestions – Compliments – Complaints
We aim to provide a high quality, accessible and patient friendly service. We appreciate that nothing is perfect and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve our service to you, please let us know. If we are not made aware of problems, then we will not be able to address them.
Compliments will be gratefully received either verbally or in writing and posted or handed in to reception.
Complaints If you have concerns about the health care services that you are receiving ask to speak to the Practice Manager (Emma Plant) or your local PALS (patient advisory liason service) in Oldham free phone : 0800 389 8679.
In the event of a formal complaint concerning the practice, we have an in-house complaints procedure. You should contact the practice complaints manager – Emma Plant in the first instance.
A copy of the procedure is available in reception or click the link below.
Comments are not complaints and will not be treated as such. If you make a comment to the receptionist you will be asked if you require it to be documented.
The surgery will NOT tolerate violence or aggression towards members of staff, or people on the premises, or in the place where treatment is being provided. In such incidences, the police will be called and the patient will be removed from the surgery list with immediate effect.
Details of Primary medical services in this area may be obtained from: